Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Strawberry Ice Recipe

Strawberries are the angels of the earth,
innocent and sweet
with green leafy wings reaching heavenward.
Terri Guillemets

My strawberry season is coming to an end.  We have made strawberry jam and strawberry ice.  The season is ending too soon, and there is definitely not enough strawberry ice.  I have become addicted to this delicious, easy-to-make delicacy.  I call it a delicacy because I'm not sure if store bought strawberries will produce the same delightful taste.

Since I have several friends and family members who didn't see the Strawberry Ice recipe in my last post (okay be nice), I am reposting it.  I have told me that this is probably the best recipe I have come upon in a long time.

Strawberry Ice

1 cup hot water
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 cups sliced strawberries, plus additional berries for garnish

Mix hot water, sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl until sugar dissolves. Blend 3 cups strawberries in processor or blender until smooth. Add sugar syrup and blend until combined. Pour mixture into 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Freeze for about 25 minutes or until icy around edges. Using fork, pull icy portions into middle of pan. Repeat this step every 20 minutes until all the liquid is frozen into flaky, loose crystals. Cover and freeze. When ready to serve, use fork again to scrape crystals into bowls and garnish with berries. Serves about 6.

Money Making Tip

If you are crafty and/or artistic, how about making some money from your hobby without leaving the comfort of your home?  Etsy.com is a wonderful website.  I have suggested this website to many talented friends in the past.  I just listed beautiful log cabin birdhouse that my husband has sold for years.  Click on the link below to find details of this unique handcrafted birdhouse.  I do think we need to come up with a better "shop" name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!