Friday, July 24, 2009

A Gift

I have no gift to give you, just myself, my love,
and a prayer for blessings.
Happy Birthday!

I came home empty-handed, with empty pockets, and a migraine. You made your dinner and your birthday cake. I slept my migraine away. I had nothing to give you.

I pray for blessings to be showered down on you and for peace to surround you. I give to you my love. It's free, but it's the most valuable gift I have to offer.

What's important? Our little family, our garden, our extended family, pickles and jam, birdhouses and the first red tomato. The phone call from a niece or mom & dad, or homemade birthday cake. A good book or movie. It's the simple things in life that matter - that are the most valuable. I need to remember that you would have enjoyed something homemade, instead of something store bought. I need to remember what is important - You!

Recipe

UT's Birthday Cake

1 pkg family size brownies - Make according to instructions on package. Cool.
1 large instant pudding, any flavor - Make according to instructions on package. Fold in
8 oz. container Cool Whip, thawed. - Spread pudding mixture over brownies and chill until set.

Free Stuff

Did you know that you can get free stuff on your birthday? Find out how at How to Get Free Stuff on Your Birthday from Over 100 Places eHow.com. Also, sign up at Birthday Freebies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!