Sunday, September 15, 2013

If there's a road I should walk, 
Help me find it.
Sidewalk Prophets


There are times in our lives that don't make sense.  That no matter what we do, nothing seems to turn out the way we want them to - the way we think is the best way.  We thought we had it under control, we were doing what was right, we were being giving and patient, and it all blows up in our face.

We question our motives, try to figure out where we went wrong, thought this was the path we were meant to take, and we come to a brick wall.  

Asking for what we want goes unheard. Being still, and knowing God is there, just sits still.  Yelling at the top of our lungs only leaves us hoarse.  

So, I'm at the brick wall, holding my hands up, saying "Okay, You want me to just go through this," because I have no where to go - I am stuck.  I wait for the road to spring up, the path I should take. 

He shows me that this road has ended, and I need to just climb over the brick wall at the end of this road, for this road has ended, and there's another road on the other side.  I did what I was meant to do on that road.  It was not meant for me to reap the benefits, but for me to learn, help, and maybe give a little faith to the ones I met while traveling that path.

It is the hardest thing I've ever done - just giving up.  But there's a road ahead full of promise and hope.  I lift myself over the wall, abandoning what I think, and stepping into the unknown with total trust.  Complete surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!