Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles
It empties today of its strength.
Mary Engelbreit

For several years, I have been endlessly trying to live by the Bible quote - "Be still and know that I am God".  Endlessly because it is something I need to do everyday.  Trying because I have to consciously work at it to prevent myself from going into a deep spiral of anxiety.  Live because I need to let go everyday of my life.  Be still because I am a person of action, always trying to make everything better.  And know because I need to hold onto the belief that there is a reason for everything.

When I let the troubles invade my thoughts, they creep into every aspect of my life, sapping all the strength from me.  Letting go allows me to enjoy the little things in life that I would have normally not noticed, and, thus, not enjoyed.

Someone once said that we will reap what we sow, but the Bible doesn't say when.  So, daily, I choose to be happy instead of sad, to laugh instead of cry, to be still and know that God will take care of me.

Easy Recipe

With strawberry season fast approaching, this is a refreshing, delicious, and easy-to-make dessert that is always a hit in my family.

Aunt Judy's Strawberry Jello Dessert

1 Sm. Pkg. Strawberry Jello
1 cup hot water
16 oz. Frozen Strawberries
1 Lg. Cool Whip

Bring water to boil.  Mix in jello until dissolved.  Remove from stove.  Add frozen strawberries.  Separate strawberries as they thaw in the hot jello.  Let set.  Top with Cool Whip when set.

Until next time,
Aunt Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!