Sunday, February 22, 2009

Creativity - The Artist in All of Us

All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
Pablo Picasso


Welcome to my new look! I had so much fun doing this - I spent the better part of the last two weeks learning, trying different things, testing, until it became just want I envisioned. I did it myself, with the help of several artists' pictures. The layout design is mine! How do you like it?

Creativity is something that I believe all of us are born with. If others encourage us to pursue our creativity, it will usually carry on through adulthood. If we are not encouraged, it will usually hide, only to surface if something draws it out.

As a child, my mother always had us doing creative little projects. I could remember making little animals out of marbles, making shrinky dink and beaded Christmas ornaments, painting, learning to sew and crochet, ... Even my brother was involved in these creativity projects, and, instead of learning the more feminine arts, he learned wood burning and working with wood.

To me, creativity sparks feelings of excitement, knowledge of self worth, determination to pursue, and, finally, a sense of accomplishment. Go ahead - do something creative! It will make you feel good!

And What You Have All Been Waiting For...

The bad and the good... If I missed you, it's because I can't find a digital picture of just you. Please send me a bad and a good pic, and a new slideshow will be made!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Bad Pics
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Starring...You
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Money Savings Tip

Turn down the heat a couple of degrees and put on a sweater! According to the U.S. Department of Energy, by resetting your programmable thermostat from 72 degrees to 65 degrees for eight hours a day (for instance, while no one is home or while everyone is tucked in bed), you can cut your heating bill by up to 10 percent. Growing up, I loved waking up to the chill in the air, and wondering who was going to be the first one to run down and turn up the heat.

To see other energy saving tips, go to http://www.energy.gov/energysavingtips.htm.

Easy Recipe

Chicken and Rice Bake

1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup water
3/4 cup uncooked regular white rice
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

In 2 quart baking dish, mix soup, water, and rice. Place chicken on top of mixture, and cover. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 min. or until chicken and rice are done. Serves 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!