Monday, February 16, 2009

Love is the Beauty of the Soul

Love is the beauty of the soul.
St. Augustine

This is the weekend that I was to unveil the faces of my beautiful nieces and nephews. Well, they had a challenge. Each one was challenged to submit a post to my blog by this weekend. If they didn't, I would not guarantee what kind of picture I would reveal to the world. If they did, the world would see their beauty.

Well, guys, since only two of you posted, I'm giving you another week. So, get those posts in now!

For those two that did, you are my favorite - Jenny and Elizabeth - I love you! Now, the rest of you guys know. (They are always fighting over who is my favorite.)

I am sorry that I have not posted this week. As you can see, I've been busy learning how to change my blog. As a preview of what I have discovered, I changed the colors in this blog. Not sure if I really like them, but wanted to get the post out. I love doing this!

A new soul shall be entering our world shortly. An angel sent from heaven - he will be surrounded by love from doting aunts, grandmas, and others, welcoming him into this life. May his passage into this world be trouble free and speedy! (But let Jess get to the hospital first.)

Money Savings Tip

You can save so much money shopping at Aldi's. Since the closest Aldi store is 1/2 hour away, I usually make a monthly trip, and stock up on my can goods plus. I have found that most items taste the same as name brand items. My test - I'll buy an item, and make it for dinner. If my husband doesn't notice the difference (and he will say if it tastes different), it's a keeper!

Easy Recipe

Chicken Stir Fry

1 lb. skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
3/4 cup Miracle Whip
1 pkg. frozen mized vegetables (your choice of stir fry) or 3 cups cut-up fresh vegetables
2 Tbs. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

In large skillet, cook chicken strips in Miracle Whip on medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add vegetables. Stir in soy sauce and garlic powder. Continue cooking 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice. Serves 4.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:47 PM

    What if I comment this one?! Does it count? HAHA! Please don't post ugly pics of me... it could ruin my carreer once I become a famous hoola hooper... or something equally as fabulous! See you in a few minutes! Love ya! ♥ Mandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:49 PM

    I don't know if my other comments have posted... but what if I comment on this one?! lol! Please dont post ugly picture of me - it may ruin my career if I ever decide to be famous! lol! See you in a few minutes! Love, Mandie

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!