Thursday, February 26, 2009

Grow through Life

Don't go through life, grow through life.
Eric Butterworth


God never leads you where He doesn't want you to be - if we put our trust in Him. There are lessons to learn in every path that we travel.

Some paths we chose. Some paths are detours that we don't expect. The paths can be smooth and clear. Others can be hilly and full of brush. But all are intended for each of us.

With God guiding our way, in the end, at the destination, we can look back and usually see why we were given this path. Without God, the destination is the result of our own doing, but God is always there to help us find the right path.

For me, even in what most people would consider "bad" things in my life, I know that God had reasons for leading me down those paths. Many times it was to help others, for how could I help someone unless I have walked in their shoes, and I understand. Other times it was to teach me. Every day is a growing experience for me - a day to reflect on what God has taught me in the past, and what He is trying to teach me today. Because sometimes I don't get subtle hints, I always ask God to make things very clear to me. Hit me over the head or I may not get it forever. Sometimes He does, sometimes He makes me wait.

Grow in life - live it to the fullest. Don't be afraid! The bad times will pass, and the good times will surely come. Just live!

Easy Recipe

Easy Chop Suey

1 large can of Chop Suey vegetables, drained
1 cup meat (left over chicken, pork, or beef), cubed into bite size pieces
1-1/2 cups water
1/4 cup soy sauce, more or less to taste
3 Tbs. corn starch

Heat vegetables, meat, water, and soy sauce to a slow boil. Mix corn starch with a little water. While mixing, whisk in some hot juice from mixture until well blended (no lumps). Whisk into chop suey mixture quickly (so no lumps). Cook until thickened. Serve over rice.

Free Stuff

Click here - Arby’s Free Roast Beef w/ Purchase of Drink


Another Picture!

Here he is again - baby Corbin.

Jess - I have to show him off!

I got to hold him for the first time last night, and we had our first conversation. He does like to talk. I don't know if he takes after his dad or grandma with that one. hehe (Dad - you do like to talk almost as much as the grandma.)

He is truly a gift from heaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!