Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Way Too Much To Do

If I look at all the mass, I will never act.
If I look at the one, I will.
Mother Teresa


Ever feel like your world is spinning out of control at a million miles per hour? There is too much to do, and you are totally overwhelmed. You feel like you take one step forward, and two steps backwards. You make mistakes, and everything you touch breaks. All you feel like doing is sitting down in a dark corner, all by yourself, and crying your heart out.

This is the way I feel today. Everything is hitting me at once. I've made mistakes at work. I tried to take care of too many people, and, in haste, made mistakes. I am tired, and all I want to do is curl in a ball and cry. There is just too much to do.

Okay, how do I solve this problem? Instead of looking at the whole, as Mother Teresa teaches, look at the pieces. Instead of helping everyone today, help someone today, another person tomorrow, another the next day, and so on. Instead of tackling all tasks today, break it up.

First, I'm going to make a to do list. I won't put everything on it right now, because then I will have a panic attack. I'll just put what tasks are high priority, and have to be done immediately. I'll number them in order of importance.

So, here goes:

  1. Fax survey to surveyor.
  2. Fax lease and notice to attorney.
  3. Write letter to attorney, and send to attorney.
  4. Call new tenant regarding utilities.
  5. Go to utility web sites and discontinue service in my name.
  6. Figure out how much (or little) I have in my check book.
  7. Pay as much as I can on gas bills.
  8. Email customers regarding orders.
  9. Ask God to take over, once again.

That is all I can probably handle tonight. If I can't finish everything, I'll delegate some to my husband, and add them to my on-going list. I need to rest, relax, read a book, get my mind off of my problems. Tomorrow I'll make another to-do list.

How do you handle having too much to do? I would love to hear your ideas.

Free Stuff

Kentucky Fried Chicken is giving away a 2 pieces of grilled chicken with two sides and a biscuit!!

Free White Castle BBQ Pulled Pork Slider


Easy Recipe

Italian Salad

1 pkg of salad
1 large tomato
1 medium sweet onion
1/2 lb. hard or Genoa salami
1/2 lb. Provolone cheese
1 pkg of Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix, made according to directions

Layer in order of recipe. Let salad marinate for at least 5 minutes. Serve.

Aunt Janet's Famous Sayings

I know that I've said this more than once, when everything gets chaotic and out of control: Stop the world and let me off! It helps by putting humor into the chaos.



Peace,
Aunt Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!