Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Waiting, and Waiting, and Still Waiting

Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.
Author Unknown

A couple of weeks ago, I got tired of waiting. I am usually a very patient person, but waiting for someone to respond was wasting time and money. So, I started to be a nice pest until I got results. I didn't care if it was a positive or negative result. I just needed to know so I could pursue different avenues. So, I guess I stopped passively waiting.

In today's age, with everyone always on the go, we often let things go. We forget to return a call, to give a jingle just say hello, to send a birthday card, or to drop off that dish. We are just too busy. Yet, others are waiting for us, and sometimes, they are waiting, and waiting, and still waiting. At first, they may become irritated. After a while, they either forget about you, become indifferent to you, or learn patience, and keep themselves busy until you finally arrive.

What kind of friend are you? Remember, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Aunt Janet's Famous Sayings

When someone thinks they need patience, I always say "Pray for endurance, not patience. If you pray for patience, God will give you more to be patient for so you learn how to be patient."

Easy Recipe

Our family celebrates many birthdays in the heat of the summer. One cool (no baking) and easy cake to make is:

Twinkie Toffee Treat

1 box Hostess Twinkies
2 prepared packages of pudding (I usually use vanilla, but like chocolate as well!)
1 large tub of whipped topping
6 Heath candy bars

Crush Heath candy bars in a sturdy plastic bag. Cut Twinkies lengthwise and line bottom of glass pan with Twinkies, creme side up. Add a layer of pudding. Layer with remaining Twinkies, creme side down. Top with the whipped topping. Sprinkle with the crushed candies. Serve immediately and enjoy!/p>

Money Making Tip

My new blog, Aunt Janet's Attic, is up and running! Right now, I have discounted scrapbooking items. I will keep adding to it, and not only scrapbooking items. I have books, antiques, jewelry (not from my business), crafts, clothing, DVD's, and almost anything you will find at a tag sale. Please take a minute to browse now and again. If nothing catches your fancy today, you may find something you can't live without tomorrow. hehe

If you would like to know how I created this blog, please email me, and I will let you know. It was easy once I found a site that would let me keep inventory. You could start your own store!

Off to tag,
Aunt Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!