Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Walking...

If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking.
Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.

Raymond Inmon

I went for a walk today. I took in the beauty of the woods, and introduced myself to some new farm animals. I felt refreshed, rejuvenated.

I started walking several years ago to help relieve stress and lower my cholesterol. Don't laugh - that's what the doctor prescribed. Whenever I'm feeling anxious, I go for a walk. Something always catches my eye, and makes me reflect on how blessed I really am. God will send cardinals, or a ripple in the lake, or even two small fawns to show me that He really does care. He gave us all this beauty!

So, if you are feeling down, tired, or just plain blah, go for a walk. God will send you a surprise, whether it be an idea, or something tangible like a fawn, and you will know that you are loved.

Gardening

Strawberries are here! Since the harvest is huge this year, we are sharing our strawberries with the birds and bunnies. Usually, I cover the strawberries right before they start ripening to prevent the little critters from stealing my harvest. I use netting that is big enough to let in the light, but small enough to keep out the animals. If you can't find this netting at your local hardware or garden store, you can find this netting at Gardens Alive! or Gurney's Seed and Nursery.

Easy Recipe

Springtime Salad

Spinach or Romaine Lettuce
Strawberries, sliced
Toasted, Sliced Almonds
Green Onions, Sliced
Vinaigrette or Poppy seed Dressing

The one thing about this recipe is that you can make as much as you want. Use your own taste buds and add as many of the strawberries, almonds, green onions, and salad dressing as you like.

Past Post

Per my husband's instructions, be sure to check out my previous post, Looking for Mom. My husband didn't want me to do another posting because he thought the slide show was so cute!

Take a walk and enjoy,
Aunt Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!