Thursday, January 29, 2009

Do What You Love

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.
David Frost


Ponder this quote. What do you love and believe in? Do doors seem to open when you work with your passion - doors that you didn't even see?

My passion, as my niece says, is getting dirt under my finger nails, or, as many of us know it as, gardening. I love to garden! It comes naturally to me. One of my Aunt Janet's famous quotes is "If you see someone weeding, they have gardening in their blood." I know which one of my nieces and nephews have it. They will kneel in my garden and start weeding. It comes natural.

My dream is to have a garden that teaches. In small ways, it's already begun in my nieces and nephews digging, planting, and picking the harvest. Someday this dream will grow, and more children will learn if they have gardening in their blood. Probably a couple of adults will find out too!

Favorite Recipe

Since I had the easy 10 minute cake in the last recipe, I thought I'd share a frosting recipe that everyone in my family loves. Girls - now you have it, and everyone can make a birthday cake for Stefanie! Happy Birthday, Stef!

Dad's Favorite Frosting

Cream: 1 stick Margarine
1/2 cup Shortening (Crisco)
1 cup Sugar

Add: 3 Tbs Flour - 1 at a time
2/3 cup room temperature milk (not hot)
2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

Beat until sugar is dissolved. If you aren't sure, taste it. If it feels gritty, it's not dissolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!