Sunday, January 25, 2009

Success After Many Trials

When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting, I go ahead of it and make trial after trial until it comes.
Thomas A. Edison


Here I am working on a new look for my blog, and it’s already 3:30 Sunday afternoon. I’ve been playing with it all weekend. Since I’m still not feeling well, there’s not much else I can do, right? Well, I really don’t have a lot of energy yet, and I’m having fun doing this! Here is a sneak preview – auntjanettest2.blogspot.com. After you view it, you will have to click the back button to go back to this post. Please leave your comments about the new look below - I’m excited to hear what you think!

Well, the quote for today fits me perfectly this weekend. I keep trying and trying until I get it right. Why? I am hoping that I can touch someone’s life with this blog, with either a quote, a story, a money saving idea, a time saving idea, or an idea to ponder. I began this blog to hopefully still reach out to my nieces and nephews. They are too old for lectures, too old to hear Aunt Janet’s stories, and they only know what’s best for themselves. Yes, they are at that age. (Sorry, guys, we’ve all been there, done that, understand.) I still hope I can touch their lives for I love them as if they were my own, each and every one of them. They are all unique, with their own personal talents and blessings that God has given them. Yet, just like you and I, each day is a new discovery into who they are, and who God meant them to be.

I hope I can touch yours, too, as I hope that you, in turn, will touch mine with your comments, emails, and friendship. I am having fun doing this blog – looking for and revising computer html code has got me right now. That’s why, I have to keep trying until I get it!

Easy Recipe

Even though this is one of the products I sell, I never heard about this recipe until my niece Jillian told me about it. It has more to do with the type of bakeware you use, and the method in which you cook it. If you don’t have a stoneware bundt pan, please email me, and I’d be happy to send you a catalog.

10 Minute Cake

Cake Mix, Made According to Package Instructions

Unless stoneware bundt pan has been thoroughly seasoned, oil pan, getting in all the nooks and crannies. If you don’t know what seasoned means, or for a good measure to prevent sticking, oil it anyway. Pour cake mix in the stoneware bundt pan. Bake in microwave for 12 minutes – normal setting. (Cooking time may differ according to microwave.) Check to see if it’s done with cake tester or toothpick. If it’s not done, bake for 1 minute increments until cake tester comes out clean. Cool, remove from bundt pan, and frost as desired.

It’s so easy and moist! Thanks, Jill!

Money Savings Tip

Keep your virus software up-to-date on your computer. If you don’t know, I am a computer technician by day. At night, I do some moonlighting fixing friends’ and colleagues’ computers. The majority of the problems I fix are caused by viruses or spyware, which would have been prevented if the computer had up-do-date virus software installed. Even though I do not charge a third of what a computer repair service would charge (they’re my friends), they end up paying over $100 for my time, and I don’t charge for the time I’m not sitting at the computer. 90% of the time, I have to reload the computer from scratch because it would take me too long to repair the damage the virus or spyware caused, and, thus, increasing the computer owner’s cost. About quarter of the time, they lose some or all of the data on the computer.

Yes, good virus software is not as cheap as a gallon of milk, but it’s cheaper than $100, and it’s well worth it! One thing – when you install it, you need to make sure that the automatic updates are turned on. Also, when it expires, you need to renew. If you don’t understand what I mean, either ask a computer person, look at the virus software’s website help, or call the virus software’s support line.

Time Savings Tip

Leftovers! Especially in the winter, a big pot of stew, chili, or soup is always better the second day.

Aunt Janet’s Famous Saying

You are grown-up* when your realize you don’t know everything. (*Can be replaced with an adult, old enough, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!