Sunday, March 01, 2009

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Absence is to love what wind is to fire;
it extinguishes the small, it enkindles the great.
Comte DeBussy-Rabutin

At times in our life, our loved ones are absent. We may miss them terribly, or be happy for the free alone time. Eventually, if it is truly love, our hearts will long for their presence.

Due to war and economics, many loves are separated, standing up for our nation or trying to make ends meet. May God watch over those that are separated from their loved ones. Keep them safe, and bring them home swiftly. Rekindle the love in all.

Easy Recipe
Italian Tomato Soup

1 can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
Water, to taste

Cook on medium until thoroughly heated. Mash tomatoes with a potato masher. Add water to taste. Heat again until hot enough to eat!

This easy tomato soup recipe is sooo good with grilled cheeses, and so easy to make. It is very tasty, and can be easily modified to include vegetables or noodles of your choice.

Money Making

Sell what you do not need. Many of the items we buy are left unused, collecting dust and adding to the clutter. If money is short, even items we like can be replaced at a later time. In the cold weather, when it is not feasible to have a garage sale, you can sell your items on-line.

I know I have mentioned this before but Ebay is really a great place to sell items. There is a small charge for listing, and a charge when you sell. Ebay will keep track of your bids, and email you when an item sells. I've been selling many of my unused or "can replace" items on Ebay. Please feel free to browse my items for sale on Ebay anytime by clicking on Ebay under My Ways to Make Money. I list items every week, relisting items that didn't sell and listing new items.

There are other free sites to advertise like Craig's List. With this site, you can list an item for a week for free. If an item sells, the buyer will contact you. After a week, you need to relist it. The one thing I found cumbersome is that you need to upload the pictures every time you relist, but it does save your listing's wording. If anyone knows how to get it to save the pictures, please let me know.

If you have a home business, you can sell off your inventory at a discount to get some quick cash. Right now, I am in need of cash to pay numerous bills. I have three home businesses, and will be sending out emails to all my customers. I will sell my display jewelry and extra kitchen gadgets at a greatly reduced price. Also, I will be offering a discount on my tasty food item business. If you would like to see my items for sale, please email me at auntjanetjwlr@sbcglobal.net, and I would be happy to forward the sale email to you. Any order or purchase will be greatly appreciated.

Aunt Janet's Famous Sayings

This one is borrowed from someone else - the author is unknown.

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder." If someone really cares for you, they will be back. Let them go. If it is meant to be, it will be.

I think back on my life, and wonder ... but I am not sad with the choices I have made. For if someone really loved me, I would have been able to fly, to reach for the stars, and then land back safely in their arms. This I have found.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!