Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dancing in the Rain

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.
Author Unknown


Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy or you can choose to be sad. You can choose to let everything bother you, or you can choose to let it all go upwards. If someone is arguing with you, you can choose to argue back, or choose to walk away. It is all your choice.

So many people expect things to fit into a mold, to go the way they want them to go, and, to even expect others to act the way they want them to act. They curse at the next driver, or snap at a store clerk. Why? What's the purpose? Are you going to change anything by acting negatively?

Life, and people, will not be what you want them to be. God made each of us unique, with are own values, talents, and beliefs. That's what makes life interesting. You have no control over what goes on around you - you can only control what goes on inside yourself.

When I'm upset, I am a master distractor (sp?). I read, write, take down wallpaper, tear down walls (I have done this), make something, go for a walk - anything to take my mind off the problem. Sometimes this is good, but sometimes you do have to face your problems, and work through them, understanding that you alone can make a change. Again, you cannot control anyone or anything else, only yourself.

So, when life gets you down, do something positive - anything. Plant a garden, visit a friend, go to a movie, just something. Because life will not always happen like you planned it, and, from time to time, it will pour, leaving many puddles and muddy patches along the way. You can dance and get muddy like a child, and make the most out of what was handed to you! Have you ever danced in the rain?

Gardening

Even though it is only the end of March, and, more than likely, there will be another frost, I bought onion sets the other day. Onions are hardy. If the frost kills the green tops, the bulb is still okay. In fact, every year, I find onions that I forgot to pull last year, with their green tips sticking out of the earth, ready to snip off for cottage and green onions.

One other bulb that comes back year after year is garlic. It multiplies! Each clove becomes a new plant. I only planted garlic once. I am able to give it away, and use it all through the growing season, and still have a healthy garlic patch. It even grows if it's been rototilled and the little clove has been moved, involuntarily, from its bed. My husband always hits part of the garlic patch every year with the rototiller.

I plan to spend this weekend separating my garlic cloves, so each will produce new bulbs, and planting my onions sets. Within a couple of weeks, I should have green onions, and my first harvest from my little garden. Yummm!!!

Easy Recipe

When we make the Chicken Crescent recipe that I posted just recently, I always make this recipe. My husband and I decided that they just go together, along with some kind of saucy noodles. And it's so easy to prepare.

Cottage Cheese and Green Onions

16 oz cottage cheese, your choice what kind, low-fat, no fat, or with all the fat
2-3 green onions

Cut green onions tips into ringlets (I don't know how else to say this). Chop bulb into small pieces. Mix with cottage cheese and serve.

Free Stuff

Get a free sample of Tide TotalCare.

Family

My family is celebrating two birthdays today, March 19th - my sister-in-law Linda's birthday and my nephew Eric's birthday. Happy Birthday to you, and I won't sing because you know how I sound. (Everyone makes fun of my singing, and I can't figure out why. It sounds great to me.)

Aunt Janet

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:57 AM

    I Love this one! & Thank you for posting that recipe, now every time I make it I wont have to call you haha! love you!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!