Thursday, March 05, 2009

This Too Shall Pass

This Too Shall Pass

If I can endure for this minute
Whatever is happening to me,
No matter how heavy my heart is
Or how dark the moment may be-

If I can remain calm and quiet
With all the world crashing about me,
Secure in the knowledge God loves me
When everyone else seems to doubt me-

If I can but keep on believing
What I know in my heart to be true,
That darkness will fade with the morning
And that this will pass away, too-

Then nothing in life can defeat me
For as long as this knowledge remains
I can suffer whatever is happening
For I know God will break all of the chains

That are binding me tight in the darkness
And trying to fill me with fear-
For there is no night without dawning
And I know that my morning is near.

...Helen Steiner Rice


I needed this poem today. Somedays I get overwhelmed with my debt and not paying what is due, and today is one of them. Time to Let Go and Let God - there is nothing else I can do. Please keep me in your prayers.

For those of you who were also touched by this poem, I pray that God gives you strength to endure.

Selling Stickers

I am selling each of the following stickers for 80 cents each, plus shipping. One of each - first come, first serve. If you would like any of these stickers, please email me at auntjanetjwlr@sbcglobal.net. (Don't laugh. 80 cents build up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!