Sunday, March 29, 2009

Life is a Journey

They say "life is a journey." But you know what they don't say? It's a crazy, bewildering, mysterious journey ... The journey is your very own. Everywhere you wander, you belong. And everyone who cares about you wants to come along.
Hallmark Cards

While I was searching for an e-card for a friend, I found this and fell in love with it. It is so true - life is a journey. It's a journey that doesn't always take us where we think it will. It takes us where we are suppose to be.

At times, it doesn't feel like we are on the right road. We feel lost, confused, and bewildered. Why me? Where am I going? But, when we look back and contemplate the tough roads we have traveled, the path becomes clear and the why is answered. Life is a journey. Live it to the fullest!


Free Stuff

Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion Sample

Cream of Wheat sample - Click here then click on Try Cream of Wheat FREE on the bottom of the right side.

Money Savings Tip

Want to keep your lettuce fresh? Wash your lettuce and remove any damaged leaves, and dry it thoroughly. Wrap the lettuce in paper towel, and place in a plastic bag or storage container. Put in refrigerator, preferably the crisper drawer. Replace the paper towel any time it gets really wet.

Time Savings Tip

CUT DOWN ON JUNK MAIL.Visit the Direct Marketing Association Web site and ask them to remove you from direct mail lists you don't wish to be on: http://www.the-dma.org/consumers/offmailinglist.html.

Recipe

This is one of my family's favorite cookies. My sister makes them during the holidays, and everyone eats at least one (or two or three).

Seven Layer Bars

1/2 cup butter
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups butterscotch chips
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup salted peanuts
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

Melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan. Mix with the graham cracker crumbs. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Layer the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut, and peanuts over the graham cracker crust. Pour the condensed milk over the layers.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool. Cut into bars.

Who Are You?

I subscribe to SiteMeter, a service that tells me how many people visited my blog, what they looked at, and how far away they live. It does not give me e-mail addresses or other personal information. Being the curious one, I wonder who you are, especially the ones that visit my site often.

So, every so often, I will ask who someone is by referring to where they live. If you respond, by e-mailing me at auntjanetjwlr@sbcglobal.net, I will send you a free sample of the tasty food that I sell. Please include your name and address in the e-mail. I will not post any of your personal information - name or address.

Okay - My First Who Are You? You live about 470 miles away from the Chicago area - I think somewhere in Kansas - the upper or middle East side. Who are you? I'd love to find out.

Until our paths meet again,

Aunt Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!