Monday, March 16, 2009

Fettucine Alfredo and My Nieces

Fettuccine Alfredo is macaroni and cheese for adults.
Mitch Hedberg

One of my fondest memories is cooking with my nieces. It got to the point where they would help themselves to whatever was in my pantry or fridge and create their own delicacy. They even told me if I had to buy something.

I let them use a knife when they were young - one thing that there mom was afraid of doing. It made them feel older. One niece, no matter how many times I told her to be careful, always cut herself. It was just a surface cut, but after a while, I know she learned to be careful.

I loved being with them, cooking, talking, and then eating these foods. These are memories that will cherish forever. I miss these times, but I am fairly certain, soon their children will occupy my kitchen, and we will create the most tasty of foods.

Easy Recipe
One of our favorite recipes to prepare was Fettuccine Alfredo. It was a meal that each one loved - it was so hard to find something everyone liked.

Fettuccine Alfredo

1 box Fettuccine noodles
1 cup heavy cream
2 Tbs. butter
2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Dash of salt and pepper

Simmer 2/3 cup cream and all of the butter over medium heat until thickened. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and transfer to pan with sauce. Stir until pasta is coated with sauce. Add rest of cream and grated cheese. Toss until cream is thickened. Serve immediately. Serves 5-6 people (usually).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!