Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Rainbow after the Storm

Have faith in your dreams and someday
your rainbow will come smiling through.
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing,
the dream that you wish will come true.
Dream is a Wish in Your Heart


It's Spring and it's raining! Memories of my childhood come flooding back. When it was storming, my sister, brother, and I would sit on the front porch and watch the lightening. We would argue whether the angel who was bowling got a strike or not. We'd count the seconds, and declare that the heart of the storm was raging that many miles away.

If it got too bad, my mother would shoo us in the house. If the electric went out, it was that much better. We'd sit around telling stories and laughing. I loved those times!

When the sun reappeared in the dark sky, we'd search for the rainbows, and count the pastel colors. My mom would remind us that rainbows were God's promise to man. He would never flood the earth again.

As in life, rainbows follow storms. I am continuously learning how to laugh during the storm, make the most out of the high winds, and look for the gold in the rainbow. After all, the loudest thunder was a strike!

Time Savings Tip

To clean out the inside of a microwave, bring a cup of water to boil in it. The steam will help loosen dried on particles making them easily wiped away.


Money Savings Tip

Okay, don't laugh - I'm a little slow to pick up on this one. It is so much cheaper to buy a six pack, 12 pack or carton of pop at the store then it is to buy it from the vending machine. I just really realized the savings - over $2! So, this tip is for those of you, like myself, who didn't really realize this. $2 a week time 52 weeks is money in my pocket!

Until we blog again,
Aunt Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!